Via Seating has teamed up with Cupron to create a unique copper infused mesh for several of their chairs. Copper naturally offers strong biocidal, antifungal, and antiviral properties. The use of copper mesh technology makes these seats a must have for a creating a healthy office environment. The copper mesh also offers anti-odor properties.
Via Seating’s best-selling office chair series. Genie® offers 6 different seat sizes all within the same framework, multi-adjustment arms, and five-star bases.
DescriptionThe award-winning Genie® series designed by Henner Jahns is Via Seating’s best-selling office chair series. With its supreme look, advanced ergonomics and extensive breadth of line, this is no surprise. The distinctive genie lamp shape of the back frame stands out as not only a beautiful design, but, a purposeful one as well. Its contours promote movement by the way the back narrows at the top, which allows for upper body thoracic mobility in the shoulder area and provides great comfort and support throughout the body. This creates an important sense of “room within the chair” while office work stations are getting smaller and more confined. Genie® offers 6 different seat sizes all within the same framework allowing for the one “look” to fit all body types in the workplace. All seats are formed using Via Seating’s proprietary comfort foam and are backed by Genie®‘s 12 year warranty—including for heavy-duty and 24/7 use. Multiple arm options include a unique roll back height adjustable arm, conference arms and multi-adjustment arms. Genie® can be customized to fit any work environment and use.
- Framework: available in black or white frame colors.
- Seats: offering 6 seat styles, petite (AA) to heavy-duty, extra-large (D), all in one look and reaching a 400 lb weight rating. Available with optional seamless pattern for infection prevention & easy clean up.
- Via Seating’s comfort foam: a proprietary blend of high-density, injection-molded, closed-cell, cold-cured foam so durable and lasting it is backed by Via Seating’s 12 year warranty.
- Mesh: in addition to 7 designer standard 4 way elastomeric mesh, now featuring two biocidal, first-to-market, patent-pending Genie Copper Mesh® in copper and black colors perfect for healthcare environments as well as improving hygiene in shared desk situations.
- Arms: multiple height and width adjustable options and a fixed, conference arm.
- Control mechanisms: featuring quick adjust advanced synchro that uses single rotation adjustments for the back (no endless turning of the handle to adjust your backrest to your level of comfort). Simple body balance and enhanced body balance options.
- Bases: five-star bases available in black nylon standard on black frames, white nylon standard on white frames, polished aluminum & brushed aluminum.
- Max weight: 400 lb. (see options for more details)
- ANSI/BIFMA X7.1-2011 (R2016) Standard Method equivalent to CDPH Standard Method v1.1-2010 (Clean Air Gold).
- LEED – v4.1 Low Emitting Materials (Clean Air Gold).
- Living Building Challenge (LBC) – Imperative 08 (Clean Air Gold).
- WELL – Feature 04 – VOC Reduction (Clean Air Gold).